Translate

Tuesday 29 October 2019

PUMPED UP AND RARING TO GO

Its the IPO 2019 review .

Its Swords Poker Damo back again felling inspired to take up the blog again after attending the IPO 2019 poker festival at the Bonnington hotel on the Swords road Dublin over the October bank holiday weekend .
I had the fortune to take down the League final in the Orchard Pub in Swords that happened to include a ticket to the IPO main event as part of 1st place .
I have cut back on a lot of festival and bigger game play due to increased work commitments in the last 12 to 24 months .
I decided to play day 1a on the Thursday , it was the smallest field of  runners 77 . 
I had that buzz again of the big event game and can I get a deep run going.
So I go to take my seat arriving into the second level , table 11 seat 5 and I see on my direct right is former Irish open winner and unibet sponsored pro Ian Simpson .
I was running good but more importantly I was playing really good and I was gaining confidence as the chip stack increased at a steady pace . After a couple of battles with Ian I got the better of him and sent him on his bike .
Then it was onto the second third of the award winning pod cast trio from " the Chip Race ".
Mr David Lappin . David and myself were battling for the  day 1a chip lead heading into the last couple of levels .
After tank calling with bottom pair David Lappins river bet I was feeling good about how I was playing and my decision making was on point I made two errors in the last level that cost me the chip lead , I three bet a raise of 7k to 20k with 88 when the villain shoved all in for an extra 50k .........
David Lappin from the Chip Race
after tanking I made the call hoping to be ahead in a race but he had the bullets AA , I was still nursing a healthy 220k stack when on the button for the last hand of the night I squeeze out the A♦️and with two short stacks in the blinds I bet them all in and the BB calls with AQ , I didn't see the other card .............fuck !!!! its a 4 and I donk off another 60k to finish on 155k . Ah well I am still healthy enough going into day 2 .











Thank you I appreciate the kind comment on the IPO blog Mr Lappin and congrats on your 11th place finish .
While I am on the subject I must complement the coverage from Mr Willie Elliot on his blog and live updates from every minute of every days play in great detail from the photos and videos and the hand commentary's, great job Willie .

Back to business for day 2 , 138 players returned from 755 with 95 people to make it into the money . I made it into the money easily enough there must have been lots of short stacks as it went very quick . I never got the cards on day 2 and blinded down to 110k and with blinds at 6k 12k & 12k bb ante the cut off raises me on the button to 30k I have AxKx I move all in and he calls off 3/4 of his stack with Ax7x  !!!!WTF  of course you know the story before I tell you ..... a bleedin 7 on the river of course . " Sorry Bud " ....... " that's poker pal " best of luck , as I am screaming inside " you fucking DONKEY , ACE SEVEN me bollocks .
I'm out in 79th place for a min cash , I'm sick but loved every minute .
I hit the hat trick meeting the final member of the Chip Race Dara O' Kearney for a chat about the pod cast and got a big boost when he asked " are you Swords poker Damo ? didn't you do a blog yourself ? I use to maybe I'll bring it back ????? lol .
Watch this space and the best player in Swords might just bring out his ego to spin it up in the Orchard Pub in Applewood Swords every Monday night at 8:00pm .
Come along " IF YOU THINK YOUR GOOD ENOUGH "

No comments:

Post a Comment